CloudCatcher Reclaiming WitchCamp Student Teaching (2017 has now closed)
CloudCatcher Reclaiming WitchCamp;
Student Teacher Application Information:
This Camp will be held at Springbrook, Queensland Australia, over the Easter weekend, Thursday to Monday. Student teachers also need to be available for the planning meeting Monday evening, and all Tuesday and Wednesday prior to camp.
CloudCatcher's website is:www.cloudcatcherwitchcamp.com.au
Preferably all applicants will:
1) Have attended a Reclaiming WitchCamp.
2) Already be teaching and priest/essing within their own community.
3) Be able to describe recent teaching and priest/essing experiences and any relevant skills. (This should be covered in your WitchCamp database profile).
4) Demonstrate a commitment to Reclaiming within Australia.
1st year applicants, please address the above points.
For 2nd year applicants please address the points above AND:
- the experience you have gained since your 1st year student teaching experience, such as:
- Recently leading community rituals, facilitating groups (not necessarily magical groups), offering/contributing to workshops and classes, including Core Reclaiming Classes.
- Plus skills you have been working on since your 1st year student teaching experience and how you are progressing with developing your own body of work.
3rd year applicants please address the general points above AND:
- What skills you have developed further since your 2nd year as a student teacher.
- Your experiences of offering your skills to the community since your 2nd year of student teaching.
- What body of work you have developed and how you are delivering it in the community.
IN YOUR APPLICATION, OR IN THE COVER EMAIL, PLEASE ADDRESS THE ABOVE POINTS, RELEVANT TO YOUR YEAR LEVEL, AND HOW THE THEME AND MYTH SPEAK TO YOU
Compensation: CloudCatcher offers the following to student teachers.
- First year student teachers: Camp for free but pay any travel costs themselves.
- Second year receive: Camp for free, we pay travel costs associated with getting to and from CloudCatcher, with receipts.
- Third year receive: Camp for free, we pay travel costs associated with getting to and from CloudCatcher, with receipts.
- Overseas student teachers are welcome to apply, but we are unable to cover their international travel; flights to and from Brisbane will be their responsibility.
- At CloudCatcher we seek to select senior teachers who will offer excellent mentorship and training to student teachers.
Please go to: www.witchcamp.org/teaching and create a login. Then fill in the application form there (ensure you select CloudCatcher in “camps you are applying for”). You can save this application, and continue/ change at any time. You can see how it looks if you click 'Preview' instead of 'Edit'. When you are happy with it, in 'Preview' copy the whole thing and paste it into a Word Document. Save this, and send it with a covering email to the Selection group. Student teachers who already have a profile on the database, please ensure your application has been recently updated.
Please send all queries to:
STUDENT TEACHER APPLICATIONS HAVE CLOSED FOR 2017